ParaMatic (Pty) Ltd
"A fast and accurate visualization of your assets"
Engineering with our 3D Laser Scanner
ParaMatic’s 3D Laser Scan Completed Projects Summary
ParaMatic’s 3D Laser Scan pinpoints the necessary information regarding assets for when it comes to making modifications or relocations. From point cloud visualization to detailed engineering and drawings, we guarantee accuracy and a cost & time reduction.
Adopting a strategy of building a high-quality and accurate digital twin of an asset allows for informed change management, resulting in more advanced planning, faster execution and better reporting of changes.
- Detection of soft and hard clashes.
- Clashes identified at design stage can be eliminated cost-effectively.
- Given sufficient data, objects can be checked for compliance with relevant standards.
- Digital twin based on point cloud allows for a robust design approach for retrofitting.
- Identify accurate interface points between existing assets and retrofit parts.
- Less design time and costly rework.
- Reverse engineering of critical replacement parts or non-responsive OEM breakdown parts.
- Quality control: analyse as-built condition of fabricated items before delivery.
- As-builts models for developing CAD and BIM documentation.
The technology of choice
3D Laser Scanning
- Eliminate human error
- Extremely accurate
- Significant reduction in cost and time
- Relevant information accessible from anywhere in the world
- Expert interpretation of point cloud information
- Inaccessible areas are recordable
- Archaic measurement techniques
- Greater chance of rework and increased costs
- Time consuming process
- Numerous errors in conventional information transfer
De Hoop Nature Reserve, Western Cape, SA
The Western Cape Government required an uniquely engineered staircase to replace an old, dilapidated ladder system they had, ensuring the Whale Trail hikers can safely access the beach from the cliff in the mountain at Stilgat. ParaMatic captured a 3D scan of the cliff and engineered a bolt in, galvanized steel staircase, with natural wooden inserts to compliment the breathtaking scenery.